Notes from WELD's Laboratory
The Single Most Effective Thing You Can Do On Facebook For An Outdoor Brand
Ready? Here it is:
Outdoor companies, you have my solemn promise that this works.
Please. Please. Use pics on every single post.
Why This Works For Outdoor Companies
There’s one reason outdoor companies have a huge advantage on Facebook. Outdoor businesses are content factories.
An outdoor image is nearly by-definition compelling. Communities hunger for more.
So give it to them.
How To Use Images On Facebook
So, you get the strategy. Never post again without using a pic.
Now, here are some tactics. Try posting some of these:
1. Pic with a tiny caption Can you think of a one word question that perfectly captures your pic? Cool. Use that. People are tired of wading through copy, especially on Facebook.
2. Pic with a tiny subject Remember “I Spy”? Of course you do, because it was fun. It still is.
3. Pic with a huge face When we were babies, we fell in love with faces. It definitely makes sense to use biology in your FB feed.
4. Pic with an animal Yes, kittehs rule the internet. It’s good that lots of outdoor-minded people are animal lovers, too.
5. Pic with a meme Your community is probably more savvy than you think. Can you make a connection between your brand and the latest image macro? Of course you can.
Now Use This Knowledge For Good
So you have another tool in your toolbox, now. The power of using pictures on Facebook.
But with great Facebook comes great responsibility.
Use these tactics to hang out, be social and relate to your customers.